Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SM Town in Paris 2011 [Concert report]

Hello everyone. This is just the report of the concert and nothing surrounding it. If you would like to know what else we did in Paris, what the waiting was like and what happened during our Interview, click here.
I might include pictures late. I also linked to some fancams from Daniela, who said it was okay to do so. I know her via a local K-Pop Fangroup. :D

Also note that everything that is in here is my personal opinion, I tried to keep the report as objective as possible, but as most of you will hopefully understand, it was quite hard to do so.

I went to SM Town in Le Zenith in Paris on the 10th, the first concert.

Without talking around it anymore, here is what happened. Enjoy. :D


I will just tell you how it all started.
With one ridiculously cheap SM Town trailer. Really, when they showed that I was like “WTH is going on here?” But after that weird thing they kicked it off nicely. :D

f(x) entered the stage. And oh my God, I won’t lie, my eyes were glued to Luna first. She looked so amazing. Her hair, her clothes. Please don’t think I’m weird for this, but her thighs were so beautiful! She had this glow to her, that I still cannot place. Her eyes were sparkling… At that moment I realized how close to the stage we actually were.

After pretty much trying to follow Luna for half of the song ("LA chA TA", btw) I finally started looking at the other girls and I was stunned once more, this time by Amber. She is gorgeous! And I really loved the hairstyle she had for the show! The rest were also looking amazing. I never really liked Sulli and Krystal too much, but they were beautiful as well.

After their first song they introduced themselves and the Jung sisters performed Kesha’s “Tik Tok”, which was super cool, since everyone was able to sing along. But I think it was pre-recorded? Correct me there, if I’m wrong! Jessica is so small compared to Krystal, but both of them are way too skinny for my taste. It was still amazing!

Then they did “Chu~ “and suddenly it was SHINee’s turn already! They started off with “Stand by Me”, which is one of their songs that I don’t like too much, but it really didn’t matter! It was amazing to see it live! And right afterwards they did “누난 너무 예뻐 (Replay)” which was super beautiful! Aaah... I did not like all their hairstyles.. Key for example, I don’t know.. But Jjong looked amazing. And Taemin. Just wow. I mean, he looked like he was going to break in two when somebody touched him, but still. Wow.

Also, Maren went crazy when she saw Taemin. Everytime the camera gave him a close up she screamed like hell! He also danced so awesomely. His body tension was incredible. He danced like there was only him in this world! He also sounded really good live, not like I expected him, to be honest. Oh... And his nose. It’s pretty. ;3 That’s everything I’m gonna say about it.

All in all, SHINee really wowed me. Key’s voice was a bit shaky and he didn’t hit every note, but it didn’t matter! The whole performance was perfect. They also went from the stage in the back to the front stage during Replay. They passed us by~ And they all looked so tiny! Ah! Especially Jjong! Still, impressive to rock a stage like that!

Following that was “Get Down”, which I didn’t know... Since I never listened to all their albums. (Yeah, I know, bad fan... meh. ._.) But it was pretty cool! Key rapped and that definitely suited him better than singing. I think it was performed by him and Minho only. (Yeah, my memory got a bit fuzzy there) I really like the song. Gotta look for it, I think. Nice, nice, nice!

Next up was “Juliette” and I have to admit I was a bit confused they through out everything so fast. But it was a nice performance. It took a while, but I think during this song we finally held up our SHINee signs they were too busy performing to see it though.

The next song almost gave me a heart attack and made me realize that we were on the wrong side of the stage. When the lights turned on again, I was able to see Ryeowook, right in front of me, really. Just a few meters away. Then the song started and I knew I was going to see Super Junior KRY. Not my favorite subgroup, since they perform ballads and I usually like faster sounds. But Super Junior is nonetheless my favorite band and this song sent shivers down my spine! It was so beautiful! Kyuhyun was all the way on the other side and Yesung was in the middle... The performed “SORRY, SORRY-Answer”. Sadly not “The Night Chicago Died”, I really loved that one. xD

When their song ended, Lady Gaga started playing and the special stage started. First it was Heechul’s turn, thought he didn’t really do much, which kinda threw me off... I didn’t expect much from him in the first place though, he barely ever tries hard live. He looked pretty hot though!
My highlight in that performance was Eeteuk though, who came on stage with Eunhyuk and Shindong in their “Single Ladies”-outfits. He is such an incredibly beautiful woman! The four of them then did “Crazy in Love” together. Nice. Brilliant. I can’t describe my joy. Eunhyuk was also really beautiful and Shindong did quite well~

Then suddenly Seohyun appeared right in front of us. And again, all the way on the other side, Kyuhyun. Bummer! But they started singing and it was “Way Back Into Love” and it was almost perfect. Seohyun missed two notes or something and yet it was so beautiful. The two of them harmonize so well and the song fit their voices nicely. I was really impressed by Seohyun, since I barely ever noticed her until she started “We got Married” and now, everything she does seems so amazing to me.

From a slow and heartwarming ballad they went to “A-Yo”, which gave me mixed feelings, but it was definitely super amazing! Thinking about it, Eunhyuk was in a lot of special stages. Shindong as well. Mh. Anways, I really, really enjoyed the song. It was fast, loud, a lot of rap. Eunhyuk really stood out though.

Finally SNSD entered the stage! With three songs in a row. First they did “Run Devil Run” which was amazing! These girls are so perfect! During the ment, when they introduced themselves, I was screaming my soul out of my body for Sunny and Hyoyeon. In fact, at least where I was standing, these two got the loudest applause! Also, I noted that there were sooo many male fans surrounding us. I mean, Wesley is a guy as well, but whoah, there were many. I think even a small organized Fanclub from Germany? But I don’t know. They wore pink shirts and spoke German.

During the next two performances (“동화 (My Child)” and “Kissing You”) we waved our signs a lot. And I think it was during “Kissing You” that they all went to different parts of the stage. Sunny stayed in the middle of the little walkway between the stages and performed there. She was only a few meters away. And she was stunningly pretty! She was so petite and yet not too skinny. Just perfect! Aaah... We waved our sign a lot and she looked into our direction, but she didn’t see us and turned around to sing for the audience on the other side... Then, when she turned back, Maren took the sign, jumped up and held it as high as possible. (We probably ruined a bunch of pictures or fancams... But it was so worth it!) Sunny started smiling even brighter, pointed at us, waved and threw us a kiss! Aaaaah! It was so adorable and she was so happy! I squealed so much! Thinking about it, I could scream again! Hahaha~!

That moment, I thought it couldn’t get any better! But then I heard the beginning of “Super Girl” and I lost it and started looking for the Mi and Henry signs we made... I really thought they would be here. When I looked back at the stage I saw a bunch of people, I saw Siwon who stunned me for a second, I saw other faces... But those that I was looking for were missing... They performed the Korean Version, without Mi and Henry, which, of course, I can understand.. But it ever so slightly broke my heart. When I recovered from the shock (it took me about 1.5 seconds) I started cheering for them! Sungmin! I could finally see him!

“No Other” followed, the ultimate feel good song in my opinion. They performed it at the front stage though, so I had to turn around and was only able to see their backs... yet, they were so close. And let me tell you, they have really nice back sides! Sungmin performed fiercely, even though the song didn’t really have that feeling... But he’s usually fierce while on stage!
I think the ment was even before the song, but it was so long and I could barely understand it. They translated everything to French, but I speak even less French than Korean. D: Anyways, some of them introduced themselves in French, it was cute. There was also a KyuMin moment that made me scream~ Teehee.
Eeteuk took a fans camera during the ment and it made me die from jealousy! But we were way too far from the stage to touch them. Still close enough to see their nice backsides. Heehee.

When “No Other” was done, it was SNSD’s turn again. They did the “하하하송 (HaHaHa Song)” and Hyoyeon was at the stage in front of us, while Sooyoung, I think, was on our left. Anyways, after our success with Sunny we felt like it was worth a try and when Hyoyeon looked at the audience in front of her, we held up the sign we made for her as high as possible. And it worked once more! She looked surprised, pointed at us and continued performing.
Hyoyeon look really pretty, especially without that stupid fringe! Her body is so muscular, it’s really amazing!

They also did “힘내! (Way To Go!)” which is not my favorite song, but it was alright. Kinda cute. And every second counted so I was happy they stayed on stage even longer! Beautiful, beautiful women! I am still so impressed with the way they interacted with the audience and still performed so well! I loved it.

Next up was “Miracle” by Super Junior! And I screamed and squealed and almost only had eyes for Sungmin, because he looked so hot and beautiful! Aaaah... It was some tricky Remix version, but oh well. I loved it. They also did “Dancing Out”, which was super adorable! Lemme just say... ‘That’s cool!’

The Syncopation Version of “Genie” still throws me off at the chorus, but what to do. It was still well performed and I think by then they had those glittery golden outfits that looked absolutely amazing on all of them. Again, Sunny’s thighs showed a lot and I was super happy.

During the concert I got the impression that the songs I anticipated the most were always f(x), because they always made me feel so good! Maybe it’s because I didn’t watch too many of their live performances beforehand, not as many as SJ, SNSD or SHINee anyways. So yeah, they did “누예삐오 (NU ABO)” and oh my God, Amber! Wow! I loved her more and more with every performance.

Following that was “Ring Ding Dong” which was really nice and cool to sing along to, but it didn’t feel so special. Yet, SHINee performed so well from what I saw. The remix of “SORRY, SORRY” came afterwards and I must say, singing along at a concert with all these other people. Wow. Just wow. I felt like being part of something big and special. Thank you for making me feel this way, SM Town! Really!

I think it was during the next song that they used the ropes for the first time, wasn’t it? Next was a song that I really didn’t expect to be there, but they performed “돈돈 (Don’t Don)”.. DON’T DON!! I was stunned and amazed and I screamed so hard! And then when Henry’s violin part was supposed to start (yeah, I still didn’t give up on him suddenly appearing and being like ‘Surprise, I made it here just in time!’) Heechul did some weird half-rap, half-screaming thing. I don’t know if they perfect that version of the song before, because I am not well-informed about SuJu anymore, but I didn’t really like it too much. Anyways, Don’t Don is Don’t Don and I was more than happy they did it!

Then f(x) came on stage again and performed one of my current favorite songs “Gangsta Boy”. I think I had only listened to that song once before the concert, but I fell in love when I watched them perform it. It was so adorable and I really like Amber’s parts in there. And again, Luna and Amber were glowing. I remember not liking the outfits they wore so much, I think... Was it with these or the ones before? Anyways, Victoria’s didn’t match the others, if I remember correctly.

Note that I am now using a setlist to remember everything a little better... It was just way too much... And the vagueness in my head is getting worse now.

Uhm.. Three performances by SHINee... “Hello” made me smile so much! It’s such a cute song with such a happy vibe! One of these songs that always cheer me up! I think it was during “Ready or Not” that I reached my personal low of the concert. Because I didn’t know the song and I didn’t have any sleep and everything. So I yawned while clapping and waving my sign and Wesley looked over at me, yelled at me and slapped my shoulder. After that it got slightly better with “A.MI.GO”. But what’s with these Rock Versions? I mean, yeah! Makes the concert more interesting, but really.. I do like the original of “A.MI.GO”... And I think Minho was again in front of us. Waaae... He is, sadly, my least favorite SM Town member!

Moving on to Girls’ Generation again. Next songs were, in my opinion, their highlights of the concert, even though I was too exhausted to really enjoy them. The performed “훗 (Hoot) “ and “Oh!”, looking stunning all the while. I was wondering how they could still be so energetic while I stood in the audience and felt like dying. But they had some breaks and weren’t surrounded by so many people all the time. I still sang along to “Oh!” and I think the fanchants worked quite well for that song. It was then, right? Anyways. I once again realized how many male fans stood around me!

Now to the weirdest, most disturbing and most impressive performance of the evening: Onew singing part of an Opera song. At first I really doubted my ears. But wow. His voice is amazing. And to me he finally proved that his voice range is much bigger than Jjong’s (though Jjong can sing louder and higher). He got so much applause afterwards and even though I don’t listen to Opera music often I think he did quite well.

After that soothing and calming song the performance I am still most hyped up about started: the Dance Battle. It was quite clear to me that Eunhyuk and Taemin would participate in it, so when I saw them, I was like ‘Duh!’. Also Hyoyeon came on stage and I got really excited, wondering who the dancer for f(x) would be and if Yunho would come on stage as well. When I saw f(x)’s dancer, I lost it. LUNA! She was glowing once more. Her orange outfit was super sexy, despite the color that I am not too fund of! Her hair looked amazing, I don’t know if she wore it like that earlier as well, but at that point I recognized it for the first time and loved it!
Then I realized that two of the sexiest women (or girls. *~*) of this concert were performing together on stage! Luna and Hyoyeon, dancing together... God... Highlight, highlight! So amazing!

After a while of these four performing some really, really hot moves, the rest entered the stage. I remember seeing Donghae and Shindong, also Minho. With the girls my memory went more fuzzy, I remember Yoona and Yuri. Just read that Victoria and Sooyoung were also there. It was hot, hot, hot! I really enjoyed that special stage the most out of all and I was all energized and whoa!

I don’t remember a thing about “The Way You Are”... Honestly. And I know that’s bad. I will look for fancams later, but... Yeah. It’s gone from my memorie.

I only remember that all of a sudden TVXQ were there. And I really got so excited again! They performed “Mirotic” with, of course, only the two of them. It was okay, though just two people singing a song that was actually made for five is slightly boring... in my opinion.
Oh, but they were pulled up by those ropes as well! And Yunho (again, wrong side, damn it!) was right above our heads. He was wearing some kind of leggings or tights and by looking up I got a pretty nice view of his bottom... Enough said about that. His outfit reminded me of a Knight. It was pretty weird, to be honest.

“MAXIMUM” was nice. I actually heard it for the first time (shame on me~) and liked it, even though I was slightly confused about it, for whatever reason. “이것만은 알고 가 (Before U Go)” was okay. I had another personal low, but yeah.. Not knowing the songs too well made it hard to enjoy them at times.

Next up was “왜 (Keep Your Head Down)” and I was really excited for the performance, because I really liked the song since the first time I heard it. And wow! I loved the performance! The dancers they had with them were super hot and Changmin was as well. I discovered that I really liked him then. He was so amazing. But he was sweating as hell, while Yunho just easily performed without sweating at all. Really interesting.

Afterwards my boys came back on stage and performed “미인아 (BONAMANA)” Which was a success! They looked so amazing in the white outfits! Aaaaah... Eeteuk and Heechul... AAAAH! And afterwards they did “갈증 (A Man In Love)” which was one of my favorite songs when I watched the first Super Show! They did so many old but amazing songs, I didn’t expect that at all! I kinda thought it would end now, since TVXQ performed and everything. But yeah. Guess what? It didn’t.
Oh... And by the way, Siwon lost his shirt. I think it was then, right? Or was it later? But at first I didn’t even see it... Until I saw it on the big screen and turned around to see him standing there, barely 4 meters away from me! I could write a whole paragraph about how hot he is now. But I’ll refrain from that and just continue. Just look for pictures and you’ll find out!

Since it still wasn’t over... Guess what? They performed their best songs or something, I have no idea what the order of the songs meant, really.
But next up was f(x) with “피노키오 (Danger)”, which still is a fascinating song to me. It’s so messy and yet so good. I couldn’t get enough of Luna and I was happy she was on stage again, sadly, I realized that this was definitely their last stage. Which was okay, since they performed so much! But still. She was still glowing.. Smiling her beautiful smile... Ah.. It was great.

Then it was SHINee’s turn again, they finally performed “Lucifer”... Which to be honest was kinda weird. I mean, they did it nicely at first. Then they were pulled up by those ropes, each at one different part of the stage (except for Jjong, or was he pulled up as well? I don’t even know~) and they had weird Wolverine-esque claws on their arms. Suddenly, when they were up in the air, they started shooting green laser beams from it. Sounds so obscure, right? Yeah, it really was. Maren and I looked at each other and just shrugged. Anyways. Nice view of their... bottoms..

Girl’s Generation did “Gee” which was super amazing! Was it then when everybody did the fanchants? Also, was it during Gee when they wore the white shirts and jeans? I remember seeing Sunny and thinking something along the lines of ‘I’d tap that’. So did the male fans around us, I think.

Super Junior again surprised me by doing “U” as their last song. It felt weird. But still amazing. Not one of my favorite songs. But yet performed nicely. Sungmiiiin. Was it then that he threw the towel into the audience? It was only about one meter away from me, but when I realized what happened, two girls were already fighting over it. And really, I love Sungmin dearly, but I wouldn’t fist fight about a towel drenched in his sweat... Yeah, I regret it now... Don’t judge me.

Last real performance was by TVXQ “Rising Sun”. I have to admit that it’s one of the very few older songs I listened to and liked. So I was a bit excited when they did it. It was nicely done with only the two of them, but you could still tell, that something was missing, in my opinion... Yet, I was amazed at how smooth it went... and about the dancers... Uuuh, they were hot! Especially the blond one.

“SORRY, SORRY” started playing again and I realized that this must be the end of the concert, because everyone came on stage. It was a nice finale but I couldn’t concentrate on anything anymore. So yeah.. I kinda zoned out here and just let stuff happen... The also did “빛 (Hope)” afterwards. Yeah, same thing. Cannot remember much. Some talking, some camera, a lot of screaming... stuff... Watching the big screen. I really can’t put it in words. I just remember that Eeteuk thanked Spain and Italy but not Germany, which made me sad. I think he did the other day though.

After the concert, we went straight to the hotel. I was really hoping for them not to interview us again, because honestly... We looked so terrible.. First the rain, than an almost 4 hour concert!
Since I will make a different post talking about everything around the concert, I will now take a little more time for some general remarks.

f(x)
All I can say is wow. Because they really turned out to be one of the highlights of that evening. I cannot mention often enough how beautiful Luna was. How amazingly hot Amber looked. Their performances were all in all so powerful and I really love the way they dance. They weren’t always in synch, but it was still amazing, really! After this show, I love f(x) and I will follow them more actively.

SHINee
They didn’t stun me as much as other artists did. They still performed nicely and Onew impressed me a lot. Also, I was surprised how good looking Taemin is in real life. He was never my type, but seeing him on stage convinced me a little more. You can also tell that he grew up so much. He doesn’t look like a child anymore at all. I was a little shocked about how skinny all of them looked though. But I guess, that’s what showbiz does to you in Korea.

SNSD
Wow. All of them looked so beautiful on stage. Some of them also looked way too skinny for my taste, especially Yuri, but still so beautiful. I would be scared to break them though. On the other hand, they performed so professionally and still gave the audience a lot of attention during some songs. And that was something especially f(x) still lacked. I enjoyed all their performances and I will never ever forget the ‘special moments’ I shared with Sunny and Hyoyeon. It was a wonderful feeling! They rock!

Super Junior
What can I say? Flawless Oppas are really flawless. :D It was just what I expected to see. It wasn’t more than what I expected either though. Those who really got to me where Sungmin (duh!), Eeteuk and Kyuhyun. They were fierce, adorable and omg so talented! These three were always my favorites and I really know why! To be fair, it’s hard to take in a whole Super Junior performance, when you’re in the audience right in front of the stage. You will always miss something, because there are just too many of them. And still, that’s why it’s so overwhelmingly beautiful. They were my reason to get into K-Pop and now I saw them live. I am more than content.

TVXQ
During the time we spent waiting outside I suddenly got really, really excited to see them in there. And when I finally saw them, I was quite impressed with what they did as a 2 member unit. Especially Changmin finally showed his charms to me~ I think I really fell for him. Haha. Yunho’s dancing is impressive and Chanming’s singing is too. I didn’t like the one time when he screamed into the mic... My ears hurt so much! Also, Yunho’s rapping is okay. But I don’t think he is super talented in that field. (Again, i am not a professional critic or anything!)

The Bright Side
Something I really liked was that, as soon, as the concert started, I didn’t feel the different nationalities anymore! I felt like the whole audience was one and that was beautiful.
I also really have to thank the French ELFs for passing out waterbottles and free banners before the concert. The water might have saved my evening and the Ryeowook banner we got from you is super cute! You are a truly nice example of what a fanclub can do for a concert to support not only their artists, but other fans!
I also liked the fact, that most of the staff we saw around the area spoke good English. When we went to Paris last year, getting around without knowing French was super hard...

The Dark Side
I don’t want to rant about anything, but some things during the concert didn’t went unnoticed.
First of all, Zhou Mi and Henry missing was a real downer for me. But it couldn’t be changed and the show still was so amazing.
Something completely different that I witnessed during the concert made me think. A girl behind me sat down on the floor in the standing area. People tried to pull her over to the side so nobody would step on her, but she refused and stayed there for a while. Then got up again, cheered for Super Junior and sat down after a while. In my opinion, this is something, you should never do at any concert. It is incredibly dangerous and can not only bring you severe injuries but under certain circumstances can even cost your life. I think she had trouble because she didn’t eat or drink enough, but that doesn’t excuse her behaviour in anyway.
Also, some visitors who were in the standing area had giant bags that they place somewhere on the floor. Don’t do that! I almost fell a bunch of times. Besides posing a risk for others, your belongings inside your bag might break!
Last thing was somehow funny. A girl place her camera on my head, still holding it, to take a steady fancam. If you want to take good fancams, why don’t you get a seat somewhere? Because really, the standing area is not about filming, it’s about having fun!

All in all, it was an amazing experience! And I don’t regret going there at all. It was worth the money and the travelling and I hope to see something like this again in Europe soon!

Thank you very much to everyone who made this amazing concert possible!

2 comments:

  1. First of all thank you for putting all this work and time in this!

    I am amazed on how much work you put in this and I'm pretty sure my report will not be half as good as this one is.

    I think it's adorabe how much of a Luna stan you are but that's okay with me she's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a crazy awesome show! Lots to see. Goodness... TVXQ. ;; I saw Changmin once in person close up but it was a flash second. He's so handsome ;~; I wish I could see them close up... awww I am so jelly right now.

    ReplyDelete